2013 marks the thirtieth year of expert interior and exterior restoration and remodeling services provided by the Thomson Remodeling Company. Our staff includes highly skilled carpenters and roofers.
Our roofing services include:
- New Slate Roof Installations and Replacements
- Expert Slate Roofing Repair
- Leak Detection and Repair
- Imitation Slate Roof Installations
- Flashing Repair and Replacement
- Chimney Repair
- Gutter and Down Spout Replacement
- EPDM Rubber and TPO Flat Roof Replacements
- Duradek Porch Roofs Over Living Spaces
- Slate Roof Consulting
- Architectural Shingle Installation
- Exterior/Interior Rot Repair
Spring Roof Check-up.
Winter can be harsh on slate roofs. Give us a call and we will stop by and inspect:
- Broken, missing or damaged roofing slate
- Inspect flashings, including chimney and valley flashing
- Inspect gutters and down spouts that can become out of alignment, and clogged with leaves and debris.
- Skylight Replacement
- Velux Glass Replacement
- Skylight Installation in Slate, Tile and Flat Roofs
- Tubular Skylights
We also install the new Velux Solar skylight with the KLR200 intelligent touch remote.
Thomson Remodeling is a Certified Velux Contractor. We install new skylights where none existed, we replace skylights and we can replace your Velux glass.
Walkable porch roofs are a common feature of local homes. Usually, doors off a second floor bedroom will lead out onto a porch roof with a railing. These roofs are great features but when they start to leak, they can be major headaches. Problems arrise when penetrations around railing posts begin to leak or flashing against the house. Often, a built-in gutter will leak causing the beam below to rot away. Historically, canvass coated with linsead oil often covered these porches and choices for roofing surfaces were very limited. Tar and rubber are a problem where people have acccess and can walk on the surface. If you walk on a tar roof and then walk back into the house, the flooring will get stained, likewise with rubber. The other problem with rubber is that it will not withstand furniture or frequent foot traffic.
A solution to these problems is a walkable vinyl membrane like Duradek, which can withstand foot traffic, furniture and wont stain carpets from foot traffic. The problem of post penetrations can be solved by installing posts with flat plates that can be bolted to the floor. Give us a call at (410) 889-7391 and see if we can't help solve your walk-out porch problems. For non-walkable flat porch roofs, we can install TPO membrane (thermoplastic polyolefin), which is a great alternative to roll and rubber roofing.